June 07, 2007

Toon Thursday: Illegitimi Non Carborundum


No offense to prodigies! Good for you! And pardon me while I grumble grumble grumble!


As it's been a while since I posted a Literary Species cartoon, I'd like to point out again that the Latin in the Latin names is for humorous purposes only, and its authenticity ranges from approximate to completely made up. (I've newly discovered that there is a word for this--and here I thought I was just imitating the Coyote and Road Runner cartoons...)

1 comment:

David T. Macknet said...

You know, there are prodigies in the world ... and they are children. When they grow up? Well ... Danny Bonaduce a.k.a. Christopher Partridge, anybody? Oh, yeah. You remember him - all cute and stuff. Washed up drug-addict these days; peaked too soon; no life since.

The "prodigies" in the book world are those which are in the culture - deeply entrenched the culture of this minute. Their books probably won't continue into another couple of years, much less into a new generation, because they are so "now" that they will be left behind.

Not that you need all of this reassurance or anything, no, not at all.