October 14, 2011

Just a Wee Reminder



That Uncle Sam. He gets around.

This is it, kids! The twenty-four hour countdown has begun. The nomination polls close on the 15th at MIDNIGHT, Pacific Time (I think), so get on it if you haven't nominated yet for the Cybils. We're cracking the 1,000 book barrier very soon (if we haven't already, and that counts for all categories).

Nonfiction MG/YA has some really great nominations @ The Cybils this year - I think of Dear Bully, which was started from a seed Carrie Jones planted almost two years ago, talking about bullying in school, and asking authors to think of their worst times, and write about it, in a "it gets better" kind of way, I think of Can I See Your I.D.? True Stories of False Identities, which is by the very brilliant and good looking (and you should hear him talk - goodness) Chris Barton. Maybe my favorite nonfiction nomination is Unraveling Freedom which Susan quoted yesterday @ Chicken Spaghetti.

Did I mention how much I love the Cybils? And young adult and children's books?
Did I mention you have a limited time to get involved with this?

NOMINATE.
Uncle Sam thanks you.

3 comments:

Doret said...

A Cybils nomination is a terrible thing to waste.

Chris Barton said...

Well, gawrshk! Thanks for that, Tanita!

(You know I'm not this guy, right?)

tanita✿davis said...

Doret: I'm totally going to get that one next year. Hah!

Chris: I somehow doubt that guy can write! And you are very welcome.