October 02, 2011

CONGRATULATIONS! (And a Kick in the Head)



How did I miss this? It was Tech Boy's birthday this past week, and I was running around trying to catch trains and get to chorus rehearsal, and then my Google Reader did something really weird, and I got a lot of blog posts two days later -- so this was news to me this morning, as I was catching up. I know - you already know this, but I wanted to say:

MAP OF MY DEAD PILOTS
BY COLLEEN MONDOR
RECEIVED
***A STARRED REVIEW***
FROM BOOKLIST!!!

(Congratulations, Colleen!)

☺☺☺


As our funny writer friend Yat Yee said, when equating publication to winning a martial arts sparring match against an opponent with a higher rank, "It can happen, writer friends. Our time frame is long; many of us toil over our craft for years without seeing any tangible rewards but keep that fighting spirit. Something good will come from it. Maybe publication, maybe something else. Like kicking someone much higher rank in the head."

It's the little rewards that keep us going -- and in this case, the big pay-off of knowing that the words you slaved over really delighted someone else. Again, congratulations, Colleen!! (And rock on Yat Yee for that kicking win!)

No comments: