I highly suggest clicking on the image to view it larger.
The only way in which my office resembles the dream workspace is that I have an antique rolltop desk--whose surface unfortunately resembles the workspace on the right, only much worse. To get my desk, you have to add in some writing-related books, haphazard in-trays, random art supplies, and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. What's on YOUR desk?
Ooh, you had to ask. On my desk from right to around the back and then to the left (and probably falling soon to the floor) are:
1. a Blue Cross bill
2. the rules from a story contest that I'm going to enter (remind me to email the rules to you)
3. a glass of iced peppermint tea
4. FOUR, count 'em, FOUR notepads with various story bits scribbled on them. One of them is a lovely blank book given me by my agent. It's so pretty it's still... blank.
5. A pencil eraser, my NaNoWriMo fake tattoo, Richard Peck's The River Between Us, a copy of That Girl, Lucy Moon,
6. My handheld brain (Visor), a tin of Carmex, two things of lotion, a pile of sheet music (don't ask. Just don't.)
(Why did I start numbering these?)
A stack of edits from the novel-in-process, a plastic bubble level, an empty film cannister, a pair of bamboo chopsticks, two address labels, a tiny figure of Roo (from Winnie the Pooh), the stereo remote, a small framed quote, my SCBWI name tag/membership card thingy, two CD's, the computer (mustn't forget that), FIVE ink pens, a PG&E rebate booklet, a box of paper clips, a stack of quarters, and quite a bit of dust.
Okay - six ink pens.
Excuse me while I clean my desk...
Post a Comment