January 10, 2008

Toon Thursday: New Toons All Over the Place


Hmm...Zeitgeist Malone. I call dibs on that one.


It's a toon-y kind of New Year--not only is Toon Thursday back with a vengeance (or, at least, back with a mildly recharged sense of motivation), but there's now yet another weekly writing cartoon for your viewing pleasure and amusement. Over at JacketFlap.com, they're introducing Joe Hemingmouse by Peter Hannan. Li'l Joe is undoubtedly cool-looking with his retro color scheme and Crumb-esque edginess (did you get a load of those teeth?), so don't get all excited and forget about your old pal Toon Thursday, yo! 'Specially since I'm starting this dandy new "Two Writers Walked into a Bookstore" thing. I should be able to think of a few more of those. What can I say? I like recurring themes.

2 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Ooh, I definitely vote for Zeitgeist Malone, that speaks to me (and says lots of things like this *&$&%@!).

Hemimingmouse: boy, the teeth!

David T. Macknet said...

Oooh - the second one's got it, though: you must throw in some apostrophes if you're going to do fantasy, right? Just so nobody could hope to ever pronounce the names, and so that it'll have that exotic feeling. Hah!