January 29, 2008

Massive Link Roundup...Prepare Yerselves!

There's nothing I like more than a massive link roundup late on a Tuesday night. Okay, maybe that's the glass of wine talking, or the ginormous backlog of items I've accumulated in my "stuff to blog" e-mail folder. Either way, hope you enjoy. Some of these aren't exactly hot off the press, but of course they're worth a look.


This is actually from a couple of weeks ago, via Jen Robinson's Book Page, but it's applicable any time, any place, especially for those of you who want to do more to support your local independent bookstore: check out Readergirl Justina Chen Headley's Fab Five Ways to Support Your Local Bookstore. Now, if only my local independent sold new books as well as used...


If you're curious about ALA winners A.M. Jenkins, Tracie Vaughn Zimmer, Marisa Montes, Yuyi Morales, and others, take a look at this Cynsations post rounding up some of Cynthia's interviews with the lucky and talented parties. And, speaking of titles with the ALA seal of approval, cruise by Bildungsroman for a list of the ALA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Readers 2008. Some are clearly well-deserved, some were surprises to me, and some...well, let's just say my to-read list has grown yet again. Thanks, ALA. No, really!


In case your New Year's Resolutions are off to a slow start, you can always gain inspiration from others--via LW come some creative and bookish resolutions from others around the kidlitosphere. And if you're feeling extra ambitious, check out the Day Zero project...I know for a fact I'm not that ambitious!!


Lastly, just for fun, on a blog I recently discovered called Acephalous (even the name cracks me up), a collaborative noir novel, blog-style. Definitely good for a laugh. And on that note...might as well go to bed with a smile on my face!

No comments: