April 25, 2013

Toon Thursday: A Handy Flow Chart

Since I am not the only person in my writing group struggling through a beastly rewrite, I hereby devote this cartoon to the lot of us--and anyone else out there to whom it might pertain.

I suppose it goes without saying that the manuscript you abandon could easily, next time the process repeats itself, be the one that you retrieve later and cuddle back to your chest, convinced you'll never leave it again.

I just now realized this is a cynical chart in that there is no path in which success is achieved. I suppose you could do some psychoanalysis on that...  ;)

4 comments:

Little Willow said...

FLOW CHART!

Jennifer R. Hubbard said...

The endless loop of revision ...

tanita✿davis said...

Why is even my writing beginning to resemble this????

Sarah Stevenson said...

It's inevitable. :)