March 05, 2008

Books-Into-Movies, Part Deux


I was watching the Sci-Fi channel earlier today and saw the above preview for the movie based on Paranoid Park, a Blake Nelson novel that was a 2006 Cybils nominee. The movie is directed by Gus Van Sant and released by IFC Films. I have to say...so far, I'm intrigued.


What was I doing watching the Sci-Fi channel in the middle of the day, you ask? You'll have to go to my personal blog for that story--I won't taint Finding Wonderland with a discussion of Ghost Hunters. (My personal blog is not so sacred.)


Found out via my local library blog (rather ominously called The Dominion, for some reason) that Stephenie Meyer's fourth book will be released in August, and that the actor who's playing Edward in the movie was Cedric Diggory in the HP4 movie. I did not even recognize him, but then again, it was just Cedric Diggory...poor sap. Anyway, tonight I'll be taking further advantage of the services of the library and crashing (well, not really; I was invited) a Friends of the Library meeting at which there's going to be a poetry reading. I love her book title--"The Opposite of Clairvoyance."

3 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Yeah, I saw this, too. I loved the book so I'm a bit leery of the film, but ... I'm leery of every film not doing justice to the book...

tanita✿davis said...

...although, after watching the clip AGAIN? I'm thinking... Okay, MAYBE...

And I adore the title "The Opposite of Clairvoyance." I always thought that was 'Clueless.'

Stella B. said...

I must agree with you on the foreboding library blog name The Dominion. Blech. I think it's just terrible. (Why not The Commonwealth or Colonialism Revisited?

Glad you were at the reading the other night at the lib. Although sick & loopy as heck, I had a nice soaking of poetry.