October 09, 2008

Toon Thursday, Plus Neil x 2!

And now for something completely different...



This is a historic moment. The reason is twofold (or should that be "the reasons ARE twofold"?). Firstly, though I've been writing like crazy this week, apparently the toon part of my brain was watching way too much CNN, so for the first time ever, here's a political cartoon on Finding Wonderland. I hope it is an entertaining diversion. Secondly, this is a historic moment because this cartoon occupies the very last page in my sketchbook. Said sketchbook is mostly cartoons, too, which made me realize just how dang many of these I've posted. But now I'll have to either start using the giant sketchbook, which is unwieldy but has many blank pages left; or buy a new one. Hmm...




I've been meaning to post a few of these links for almost three weeks now, which is very sad. Firstly, thanks to the GoodReads newsletter, I ran across interviews with two authors whom I really like--Neil Gaiman and Neal Stephenson. Definitely two iconoclastic people.


Okay, I guess I wasn't done with politics for today. Back on a political note, visit ArtsVote2008, a program of Americans for the Arts, to find out both presidential candidates' positions on arts policy.


Right. Back to lit stuff. I was informed by Gina R. that FW is featured on an aggregator site called Alltop - Top Children's Literature News--above the fold, no less! Readers' Rants is on there, too, along with a host of other familiar faces from the kidlitosphere. Lastly, speaking of the kidlitosphere, don't forget to nominate your favorite books for the Cybils! Now you can also help spread the word--and the love--with a downloadable and printable flyer that includes a list of all 2007 shortlisted titles.


Reminds me I've gotta sit right down and come up with MY nominees...

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Great cartoon, Sarah...but, sigh.

jama said...

Love the cartoon!! *thunderous applause*

David T. Macknet said...

Jack Daniels? Oh, now - that's a bit upscale for the times, isn't it? I'm sure there's something cheaper....

Big pages are intimidating, aren't they?