October 30, 2008

Toon Thursday: The Countdown's Almost Over...


Yup, that's right--'tis that time of year again! It's nearly November, which means it's just about time to start National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo), and if you're like me, you're already raring to go. I have a brand-new idea which is truly epic in scope; I have copious notes about setting (it's a dystopian novel, sorta); and I have budding characters which I hope will flower in the next day and a half left before I need to start writing.


AND, I just found out who's on the list of Celebrity Pep Talkers who will be featured in twice-weekly e-mails throughout the month of November--kidlit and YA fans will be excited to note that the list includes Meg Cabot, Brian Jacques, Katherine Paterson, Philip Pullman, and Jonathan Stroud. Also, the junior-high-aged me was excited to discover Piers Anthony on the list, though the adult me found it amusing in light of the Toon Thursday about The Pun That Wouldn't Die.




A couple of fun seasonal links to round out today's post: check out the October Carnival of Children's Literature over at The Well-Read Child for a host of reviews and interviews to celebrate the fall season. And lastly, don't forget about the Blog the Vote effort, organized by Colleen, Greg and Lee. It's a non-partisan, multi-blog event about why voting matters--remember to post your thoughts on Monday, and remember to VOTE!

3 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Happy NaNo!~ Hope you get something good out of the work. I think you're the only one of the old gang doing it, though; isn't that sad? I hope you REALLY HASSLE Donal and Neil.

Jennifer R. Hubbard said...

For some of us, the picture on the right is our "normal" mode! ;-)

Saints and Spinners said...

a.fortis: That's what happens to my head when I just think about NaNoWriMo.