September 20, 2007

Toon Thursday: The Truth Comes Out


Yes, much as I would like to have a personal assistant on hand to pour me champagne when I write my daily masterpieces, that's not usually how it goes. However, if you DO find yourself with a few masterpieces burning a hole in your desk, there are a few contest deadlines coming up--Glimmer Train's Short Story Award competition for this fall closes on Sept. 30, and the Writer's Digest Popular Fiction Awards have a closing date of Nov. 1 (and some excellent prizes, including manuscript critiques). Go to it! I might go for Glimmer Train, though I had sworn never to enter another contest of theirs (only because I kept entering and getting discouraged). However, for the first time, I entered an audio contest recently, which was interesting. We'll see how that goes. Writers, don't be shy--get your work out there!

2 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

I dunno about this -- the hair is way too tidy for MY writing style. Try the 'just-rolled-out-of-something' look, and it's a bit closer...

Frankly, I think a personal assistant would annoy the heck out of me. There would be someone to LOOK at me drinking juice out of the pitcher in the fridge...!

Saints and Spinners said...

Hey, a personal assistant would be mighty handy to help you answer all of the fan mail!