May 26, 2008

YA Poetry

GalleyCat talks about the effect of teen readers on poetry sales -- mentioning a favorite poet, Sonya Somes, and the highly prolific - Ellen Hopkins. (I'd like a reader's take on her, since I've not read any of her work. Do her books fly off the shelf at your library?) Who knew? When Kelly started Poetry Fridays, it was in response to a perceived lack in the genre, and it's showing some signs of turning around, at least a little. Could the kidlitosphere really have been a force for good, here?

We have got to get matching superhero outfits.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

As long as the superhero outfits are black AND have capes (I'm sorry--I insist upon the cape--I've always wanted one), count me in!

Jules at 7-Imp said...

As long as I can be SuperNerd, 'cause I'm already good at that.

Or, hey, TadMack, we can finally get our WordNerd superhero status. In fact, I saw this the other day and thought you needed one.

tanita✿davis said...

Kelly, darlink, did Edna teach you NOTHINK!? NO CAPES. Stratogale! April 23rd, '57. Cape caught in a jet turbine...

And Jules -- I think our WordNerd status definitely needs those shirts! And some thigh high boots. And possibly flippy hairdos...

Saints and Spinners said...

So, hem hem, someone is coming out with her first novel in June. How does one go about getting an autographed copy, or do I just wait in the hopes your whirlwind book tour comes to Seattle?

tanita✿davis said...

*cough*
I think bookstores should be carrying said book soonish (they say June 8 on the spine of the ARC's, but... I'm told that Amazon starts shipping a bit earlier). I would Tell All, but honestly: I know nothing. It's quite an amusing situation. However, as SOON as I get my author copies -- which should arrive shortly, I'm guessing, I'll send up a shout...

Sadly, the whirlwind tour... hm. Well, a breeze, perhaps? Unfortunately, not in Seattle, which is a bummer. Next year! Next book!