May 30, 2008

Psst. Another stolen moment...

...to say, "Check out Minh's really cool save the date' invites." He's allegedly helping with his DIY wedding, thus excusing himself for not blogging. Like we believe THAT.

Via the mental_floss blog, is there a YA novel character in this kid's sleeping habits, or what?!

Mal Peet talks books at the Hay Festival, and says he cribs from Emily Dickinson. Who knew?

Man, I wish I were fourteen! The readergirlz have passed on the news of an awesome writing opportunity for kids aged 14-19, thanks to HarperTeen. Aspiring writers can submit a story between 5,000 and 10,000 words (12 pt font, double spaced, one inch margins) to win a chance to be included in an anthology. Download the official entry form (which is a .pdf file) and be sure your entry is postmarked by October 1st and received no later than October 7th to be included. When's the last time you were UP ALL NIGHT?


All right. Back to work.

2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

I think while Minh is distracted by his wedding, we need to do some plotting of our own. I don't know if I have it in me to do something as awesome as what the Vlog Brothers do, but let's talk about it! :)

I am feeling bummed about Terry Pratchett.

tanita✿davis said...

Yes, let's do!
I don't know WHAT we could do, but somehow we should throw him a ...something or other.

I'm bummed about Terry, too. I kind of live my life by Discworld, I am THAT big of a nerd. And to think of him ...ill, is like when Charles Shultz died... I felt like Snoopy was gone, for awhile. The Discworld needs to keep... gently undulating on the back of the elephants on the turtle... forever. Or I might never get over it.