May 08, 2008

Book Envy

Behold, the web, where you can...

Read about The Adventurous Deeds of Deadwood Jones,

Explore a review -- way before ordinary humankind can read it -- of Octavian Nothing: BOOK TWO!!!!!!,

Long for the awesomely cover-illustrated Clockwork Heart and Magic Bites,,

Sigh over Paper Towns, and the sequel to The Green Glass Sea,

Plot a way to read every last one of Colleen's YA mystery suggestions at Booksluts (in Training). Rock on, Enola!!

And look up four must-read books for writers.

The number one, absolutely hardest thing about being in the UK some days is being away from American libraries. Waiting. For books. Not something I do well.

I can't complain about being in the UK otherwise; there are some great books being published here, and some awesome (red wine, hot chocolate or coffee serving) libraries.

I just had to whine and have book envy.

Okay, back to work.

3 comments:

Mary Witzl said...

What irritates me is how few book stores stock American titles. And those they do have aren't the ones I want to read! The last time I went to Waterstones, the only American YA novels on the shelves were Stephanie Meyer's vampire books. I'll stop right now: I can picture just how many British books are on the shelves in American book shops...

And you've found a book shop that serves hot chocolate? That might even stop ME from whining...

Jess said...

Now you've given ME book envy. Thanks a lot! (Although I am glad to see Octavian has a publication date - I'll definitely be buying my own copy, not something I do too often.)

Jen Robinson said...

Red wine in libraries?? Oh, I LIKE that.