May 17, 2007

Hiatus for Toon Thursday

I hate to miss a week just when Toon Thursday's gaining a following, but circumstances beyond my control have caused every single second of every day to be full this week. Most of this is due to the fact that I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding that is taking place this Saturday, which the bride is planning and putting together almost entirely herself, so I've been helping as much as possible along with the maid of honor. For me, this week was taken up with lots of calligraphy--place cards, and fancy illuminated letters for the scroll which is to be the guestbook. (If you know anyone who needs calligraphy...or desktop publishing...or other custom art or design...I'm used to long-distance work relationships...by the way, this is a shameless plug, in case you didn't notice!)


I've also started in again on my YA novel revision. TadMack and I have set a date of June 16th (approximately) as my deadline for finishing the revision, because I really, REALLY want to send out a proposal to Andrea Brown Agency. I want it BAD. Mainly because it feels like this revision is taking ages. I keep having to put it off; I keep having other things to do. It's easy, as a writer with other interests (and other freelance jobs) to procrastinate, to feel like things with immediate deadlines are more important than the long-term projects. And maybe, in the immediate term, they are. But once this wedding is over, I'm devoting major brain space to revision. The Disco Mermaids and their recent talk of revisions, and TadMack with her draft book cover (YAY!) have inspired me. Here I go. As of Sunday, that is. And next Thursday I'll post an extra-special super-awesome cartoon. Six-months-of-girl-scouts honor. (What can I say? Our troop was boring. And selling cookies door-to-door? Jeez Louise.)

2 comments:

Disco Mermaids said...

Yay for deadlines! And of course, we can't say enough good things about Andrea Brown's agency.

Good luck!!

-Robin

Sarah Stevenson said...

Thanks!! I'll post periodic updates on my progress, or lack thereof...because frankly, if I'm making progress I'm not going to have as much time to blog, but if I'm NOT making progress, I'll want to procrastinate...