May 08, 2007

A Few Belated Links

TadMack and I have been inordinately busy the past week or so. This has been reflected in our minor disappearance from blogging. It will also be reflected in the belatedness, the total behind-the-times-ness of today's linkage, but oh well. What can you do?





  • There's a fascinating discussion on Disco Mermaids about what it means to be a literary vs. commercial book. I struggle with that myself: I'd love to write something considered literary, and that nerd in me just LOVES to win awards, but there's another part of me that would consider it a major achievement just to make a living as a writer, commercial or whatever...

  • According to the YALSA blog, new YA author Coe Booth has won the LA Times Prize for YA Literature for his her first novel, Tyrell, beating out bright lights in the finalist list: AN ABUNDANCE OF KATHERINES by John Green, RULES OF SURVIVAL by Nancy Werlin, ASTONISHING LIFE OF OCTAVIAN NOTHING by M T Anderson, and JUST IN CASE by Meg Rosoff.

  • Congrats to Fuse #8's Betsy for publishing an article about us bloggers in the Horn Book. Yay! Can't wait to read it. Unfortunately, that's still on my to-do list.

  • Speaking of the Horn Book, Read Roger has the scoop on the newly redesigned Horn Book website, which includes a wonderful little virtual history exhibit and other neat stuff.

3 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

And Tyrell is still on my TBR list... hey, I can simply say I'm waitlisting it 'til the 48 Hour Reading Challenge. Hey, that sounds good, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Isn't Coe female?

Sarah Stevenson said...

Oh! Could be. I should look these things up, eh?