March 24, 2014

I Aten't Dead! I Swear.

Just drowning in work. I'm here, though! And I promise more words (and occasional pictures) will spill forth in multitudes (or, at least, multiples) soonish.

In the meantime, I just found out the Hans Christian Andersen awards were announced by the IBBY (International Board on Books for Young People) and while I'm not familiar with either the winning author OR illustrator, I'm eager to get to know both.

And I HAVE been doing a lot of reading, just not a lot of reviewing. In fact, I've been RE-reading some books, which is something I haven't done in a very long time. Because I finished the Beka Cooper trilogy by Tamora Pierce--a prequel to the other Tortall books--I was inspired to go back to the beginning and re-read the adventures of Alanna. Now I'm in full fantasy escapist mode and attempting to block out the real world, which is filled with WORK and DRUDGERY, and instead read about adventures and swordfighting and worthy deeds and magic. Oh, and a little black cat. (Actually, I have one of those in my house, but she is decidedly less magical and decidedly more bitey...)

No comments: