August 16, 2013

Brief Notes on Being Back

As of Tuesday evening, I've been physically back home after traveling to India, and I'm still mentally recovering, but plan to get back to regular blog posts next week on the usual Monday and Thursday schedule. This was one of the most emotionally and mentally exhausting trips I've taken, which led to more physical exhaustion than I had expected--not to mention the jet lag after 32 hours of travel and a 12.5-hour time difference--so it's going to take me a while to catch up to my normal pace of life. (I promise there will be photos on my Flickr page soon!)

One thing that will be different: my husband and I made this resolution that after we got back from this trip, we wouldn't let the crazy busy-ness get out of hand, and we wouldn't just return straight to the demanding, insane schedule that was making us tired and cranky before the trip. We'll see how successful those intentions are...in the meantime, though, I'm looking forward to putting my head back into the game kidlit-wise; getting back to promoting my book that came out this summer, Underneath; and watching the Cybils process unfold (the panelist application form is open, people! Go!). And, of course, I plan to enjoy the remaining weeks of summer in an environment that is not HORRIFYINGLY HUMID.

It's nice to be home!

2 comments:

Jennifer R. Hubbard said...

Welcome back!
It makes sense to decompress gradually.

Sharon Himsl said...

I think I know what you mean. When my husband and I came home from Malaysia we felt so free from the everyday stress of life. We had been gone long enough to truly disconnect. It was wonderful. Take your time.