July 26, 2008

Lazy Weekend Links


Via Kiki Strike, a seriously cool idea hitting gumball machines in Manhattan. Ideas. Plus a $.25 refund.

Cover to Cover this week tackles unusual plots. The seventh graders who answer are adorable, and their reading material is excellent.

Via the Smart B's (and I would LOVE to hear SB Sarah sing O, Canada to get her little one to go to sleep) is the Puppy Singer. Kind of like The Wedding Singer, but three times as cool. If I ever had kids, it wold be because this guy was moving into my house to do the heavy lifting. Or, the heavy laying down, as it were.

3 comments:

eisha said...

The idea vending machine is AWESOME.

When I lived in Cambridge MA, there was an indie bookstore that featured The Chicken Machine: a vending machine with a clucking mechanical chicken. When you put in a quarter, you got a plastic egg, which might have anything at all in it, because customers got to put stuff in the eggs. I got a Russian hockey pin, my friend got a typed joke. I loved that thing.

Sarah Stevenson said...

I like these alt-vending-machines. I'm starting to think I need to make an ART vending machine: stories $2.00, poems $1.00, drawings $.75! :)

MotherReader said...

I love the vending machines AND the puppies. Don't make me choose!