October 26, 2007

Robert's Snow, A Link, and A Thought

Before I forget--seeing as it's late today already--here is today's schedule for Robert's Snow - Friday, October 26:



Juli Kangas' collage snowflake is not to be missed, and I also want to give a shout-out to Margot Apple for her kitty snowflake, which bears quite a strong resemblance to one of my cats. Except my cat is much fatter, sadly.




So, there's yet another website where you can catalog the books you're reading and see what your friends are reading, and it's called Shelfari. I was invited to join by a friend, but I honestly have no more time to sign up for any more websites. Still, I'm on there, with an empty shelf. (Trust me, that in no way reflects my actual bookshelf here at home.) My favorite part of the Shelfari website is that as a user, you get to be called a Shelfarian. Hee hee.




Lastly, I had a writing-related thought today. (Actually, I had several, but most of them were not profound or of interest to anyone but me...) I was thinking about how, often, when I'm reading a book I enjoy, I can't help thinking to myself, But I could never possibly write something like this. And truly, I usually can't imagine coming up with those ideas, those characters, that complex plot. Today it occurred to me that this shouldn't be something to worry about. After all, all I can write is my work. That's really all any of us can do. And if what I write is nothing like what I read of other people's writing...well, maybe that's a good thing.

1 comment:

tanita✿davis said...

I think that's ENTIRELY a good thing, yes? Yes!