October 02, 2007

Okay, Maybe I'm Late On This, but...

Ooh, ooh, ooh, have you heard about THIS?! A single YA/MG novel written in ten voices! Click.
The authors include the fabulous Eoin Colfer, as well as Linda Sue Park, Nick Hornby and others. The premise is apparently based on a box of seashells from all over the world -- which makes openings for stories attached to each of them.

THIS is the type of stuff I love -- what a fabulous project! What a great idea! Someday, maybe when I'm famous (hah) I will get invited to join these types of things. This is kind of what my writing group and I tried to begin a year and a half ago -- we invented a town and tried to write ten short stories based in the town. Part slipstream fiction, part linked story cycles -- and entirely fun. two chapters from the novel are included in NPR's report. Go! Read! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sarah Stevenson said...

I saw this in the bookstore last week and totally coveted it! Then I forgot to check in the library. Of course, now I'm totally committed to Cybils reading for the next couple of months, but it might go onto my Christmas list...

tanita✿davis said...

Think it's too new to be in most libraries, but definitely think Christmas!