August 23, 2005

Deeply Disturbing Food

When I'm completely slacking off, I find the oddest web pages to amuse myself. This one is called The Gallery of Regrettable Foods. I'll be tracking down the book by the same title shortly. It's hysterical, and another site I advise you not to peruse in a library... hyena laughs and spontaneous wetting have been known to get people banned from public places.

Hope your writing is progressing! If not, why not treat yourself to some light reading? Call it 'inspiration...'

3 comments:

Sarah Stevenson said...

I personally love this site. I wrote about it on my Weird Wild Web column on IGN.com, way back when, and it's always been one of my favorites. Incidentally, I saw a copy of the book in my local Barnes & Noble.

Sarah Stevenson said...

Okay, I found a web archived version of the aforementioned article, just for the sake of nostalgic humor.

tanita✿davis said...

It all started with reading the blog "Poundy" and weeping over the 1970's Weight Watchers recipe cards, and it spiraled downward into major time-wasting, hysterical paroxysms of giggling from there. I'm still twitching over the chunks'o' SPAM added to the Karo Syrup Pancakes. Cooking Light! Yummmm! Then there's the tribute to bananas... and the myriad pages of jell-cookery. And I'm SURE that everyone on my Christmas list is getting that book, plus another one by the same guy on 1970's Home Decor Don'ts. Avocado and Rust Rides Again...

Meanwhile, you were up on this funny trend years ago. Why am I always so late?