January 09, 2006

Monday Resolutions

Okay, for most people, vacation ended long ago, but I've been in a weird state of mind that has mostly prevented too much work going on. A phone call with Agent Action, though, has kicked me in the bum, and I'm... here. Upright. Staring at the screen.

One thing that gives me a little boost is occasionally reading the Washington Post Style Invitational archives. I can't waste the time reading them daily or I'd never get anything done, but when I get stuck on a chapter, I'm always a bit amused to go back and read the twists of the minds of thinkers who play with words. I also appreciate reading The Word Detective and dreaming of the day when I become that linguistically adept. And then, I get up for one last cup of tea, sit down, and really get back to business. Seriously. Which I am going to begin... now.

No comments: