February 28, 2012

Ooh, Clicky Goodies! (Not Waiting 'Til Wednesday)

Well, you know we love us some LaFevers at Wonderland, yes? She of the courage to keep writing after a really eviscerating review from Kirkus long, long ago. She of the generosity of spirit to share herself and her methods of not just surviving but thriving in a noisy world, together with Mary Hershey at Shrinking Violets Promotions. She of the wonder of Egyptology and Beastology, of the awesome that is both Theodosia Throckmorton and Nathaniel Fludd. She who now has written a novel which is getting quite an excited little buzz, and which has been compared in positively glowing terms to Kristin Cashore's Graceling.

Okay, wait. Back up. What novel compared to Graceling?

Robin's, of course. Imagine: Assasins. Nuns. France. ...and most of all, YA.

GRAVE MERCY, out in April, I've just bumped up on my TBR, as it is on NetGalley for just two days. I'm on it. It's BONUS DAY, which means that there's no really good reason to at least not give yourself the gift of an the first chapter of the book. Click through and enjoy.

Don't miss the fab book trailer, either.

3 comments:

Doret said...

I just downloaded this and omg I didn't realize this was the same author who writes the Theodosia books, I love that series.

LinWash said...

I really, really want this book!

Sarah Stevenson said...

This book sounds amazing!! I wish I'd been on top of things to get it thru NetGalley--I'd have made the time to read it for sure. I cannot wait! Go, Robin!