January 12, 2012

Toon Thursday: Revenge of the Pie Chart

It's the first shiny new Toon Thursday of the New Year. How 'bout them apples? (Um, no pie-related pun intended there...)


There are certainly myriad others I haven't listed here, such as the all-important "so you'll have something to show for all those hours you spent sitting at the computer surfing Twitter" and "so you'll have something to tell your nosy relatives during holiday get-togethers," but I particularly like these. May we all find our sources of writerly motivation during the new year...

9 comments:

Alex said...

I just love Toon Thursday and always look forward to them, and they are always so spot on. Thanks for making me laugh.

Sarah Stevenson said...

Oh, thanks, Alex! Your kind words made my day. It's always hard to know when (or whether!) people are reading my toons, so the positive feedback makes me really happy. :)

Linda B said...

Absolutely terrific to 'see'! I just found your blog & will now look forward to Toon Thursday! I love that your slices seem realistic, like the small, small piece of 'fear of abject poverty'. Thanks for the laugh.

Mary Lee said...

I like how caffeine, chocolate and iTunes comprise fully 1/3 of the pie! PERFECT!

tanita✿davis said...

I'm pretty much just left wanting pie out of this, A.F. I'm not sure that's the motivation you had in mind...

Sarah Stevenson said...

Linda: Thanks for coming by, and glad you enjoyed the toon!

Mary Lee: In retrospect, I probably should have made those even bigger...

Tanita: Yeah, happens to me every time I make a pie chart.

Yellow Brick Reads said...

Hmmm. Just who ate "the voices in your head" slice?

Sarah Stevenson said...

Excellent question...

tanita✿davis said...

Um, that'd be me, Yellow Brick Reads. The voices... well, I stopped fighting them. We all started agreeing, and we needed PIE.