July 27, 2011

GO TO SF SIGNAL, RIGHT THIS MINUTE.

You MUST read this great post about six underrated MG/YA science fiction novels that you might not remember. (Well - I remember most of them, but I'm old.) Patrice (not Patricia) Kindl and Willo Davis Roberts for the win!

I'm tentatively working my way through Baen's backlist of what they think might be YA or at least good crossover stuff, but the SF Signal list put together by guest poster Courtney Schafer is six for six, real science fiction novels written with a young audience in mind. And if you haven't read it yet, Patricia Kindl's OWL series is well worth your time

Now I need to dig out some old books...

P.S. - Do you like Catherine Fischer? There's a four book Fischer giveaway at F&SF Lovin' News and Reviews. Go.

5 comments:

Leila said...

Kindl & Roberts FTW, indeed! Totally two of my favorites!

Sara said...

I adore OWL IN LOVE. Whenever I mention it, people say huh??? Maybe now...

tanita✿davis said...

Okay - now that I think about it, I did read a Patrice Kindl novel awhile ago - Goose Chase. She still exists.


And of course, Willo Davis Roberts died in 2005.

Sarah Stevenson said...

Considering how much I adored (and read to death) THE GIRL WITH THE SILVER EYES, I'm shocked I haven't heard of more of these. Will definitely have to go look...

Gail Gauthier said...

I read Owl in Love during the first 48 Hour Book Challenge. Someone at a listserv had recommended it as an example of magical realism, and I was doing a magical realism theme for my weekend read.