March 31, 2011

Toon Thursday: Special Tax Time Edition

That's right, I spent inordinate amounts of time this year fussing with our home office deduction, not to mention figuring out how to deduct the art studio for the 3/4 of the year that Rob used it for his sabbatical workspace. So I hereby bring you A Day in the Writing Life 6: Your Home Office. (Click cartoon to view larger.)


For earlier installments of  A Day in the Writing Life, check out the Toon Thursday Archives.

In other news, are you ready for National Poetry Month? Who cares about taxes? Let's get poetic. Lots of kidlitosphere folks are participating, including blog buds like Liz Garton Scanlon, Gregory K., Jama Rattigan, Andromeda Jazmon, Mary Lee Hahn, and many many more. Original poems, classic poems--you'll find plenty of both. Stay tuned for an update of the full schedule on the Kidlitosphere Central site.  (As of this writing, the list still referred to last year's schedule.)

4 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

I'm sort of horrified that we haven't even done taxes yet; we're not even to dragging the kitchen chair to the computer yet...!!!

Jennifer R. Hubbard said...

Bravo! But you forgot the "candy wrappers, Kleenex, dead pens, and scrap papers with cryptic notes" littering the desk. ;-)

Sarah Stevenson said...

How could I forget? Especially since I have ALL of those things littering my desk.

tanita✿davis said...

I'll have you know that on my desk there is an origami crane, which I placed there to promote peace and tranquility.

Since I've just done taxes, it's not so much working...