July 16, 2010

Oh, how I love Tor.com

His hand was cool and damp, with the limp, rubbery texture of a corpse. I don’t know what it is about people who work with the dead, but every one I’d met in my fifteen years came to resemble their clients after a few years on the job. I didn’t shudder as I shook hands, didn’t pull back in revulsion. I kept smiling, and I think it surprised him. “Nice to meet you, Dr. Morgan. I’m Lia Thantos, the new summer intern.”


This is the funniest YA summer-mortuary-intern story, by Cathy Clamp. (You didn't realize there were so many funny YA summer-mortuary-intern stories from which to choose, did you? Neither did I.) Fare Thee Well is a standalone in a universe in which I hope Clamp keeps writing. The story is cute with an unexpected twist, and will make you laugh.

Go.
Read.

2 comments:

Sarah Stevenson said...

Free stuff! Oh why do you taunt me with goodies when I'm supposed to be working??

tanita✿davis said...

...it'll be here when you get back.