Yeah. That's how not to do it.
I found that poster today at a great interview with our very own cool-shoe-wearing Librarian to Lord Vader, Adrienne. The very awesome Jules interviewed Librarian Adrienne on how she has risen to the heights of the Death Star, and surprisingly, it had not a lot to do with a small child named Luke... but more to do with just being a really cool children's librarian and not actually minding, um, kids. And when people drop books in the bathtub. *cough*
If you've not been following the Share A Story - Shape A Future reading celebration blog tour, there's not only time to go backwards IN time to read up, but there's incentives in the forms of gift and giveaways, and there's more informative reading today.
- “From Cozy to Cool — Library Spaces for Everyone” — Eva Mitnick of Eva’s Book Addiction
- “Lions and Marble and Books, Oh My” — Elizabeth Bird @ Fuse#8 shows off her gorgeous library, and the world *sighs* with envy.
- “The World Beyond the Library’s Walls” — Melissa at librarian by day
- “ABC Storytimes: Taking the Library Home” — by Pamela Coughlan at MotherReader talks about how NOT to push a kid to read - those who don't heed this, might get whacked. Knuffle Bunny to the head, folks.
Much of this week has seemed to appeal more to board books, early readers, and the very young. The final day has something for everyone, so writers and readers for MG and YA, tune back in, and check it out:
Friday: Technology and Reading — What the Future Holds. Hosted by Elizabeth O. Dulemba:
- Audiobooks with Bruce Coville of Full Cast Audio (whoo!) and Mary Burkey of Audiobooker
- E-books with Harold Underdown of The Purple Crayon (yay!) and our own Sheila Ruth of Wands and Worlds
- Podcasts with Andrea Ross of Just One More Book!! (yaay!) and Cheryl Rainfield
- A resource of links to audiobooks, e-books, podcasts and webcasts at Elizabeth Dulemba’s site.
Happy Reading Thursday!