February 17, 2009

Ta-DAH! Part Deux

Didn't want to steal AF's thunder for her great new site design, so I waited to say anything, but ... ta-dah!

Little Willow, of Rock the Rock Design, and her unpaid accomplice, "Tech Boy," have been working really hard to design and implement all of my random ideas for a website, and it's done! I gave myself the deadline of next week, but the tinkering has finally stopped, and my website is mostly...kinda... for now...done. I'll be mostly blogging writing rambles from there as myself -- like Farida, I'm outing myself and using my own name, as the Poetry Friday people have discovered -- and I'll be reviewing from here and joining Aquafortis with interviews and other kidlitosphere activities as well.

Thanks to everyone who's already been by and said such positive things! I think it's gorgeous, too. Part of me still isn't quite sure what I'm supposed to do there, but my agent's happy, and I guess I'll figure it out.

13 comments:

Tasha said...

It's gorgeous! Love the textured background and the way the images pop on it. It feels warm and welcoming.

Little Willow said...

Happy dance!

Ethel Rohan said...

Congratulations, Tanita. The website is beautiful! How exciting. I look forward to visiting often.

Sarah Stevenson said...

Ditto! Great work, LW and Tech Boy. I just subscribed via Google Reader.

C. K. Kelly Martin said...

So cool to see that you have an author site and blog! Time to update my links :)

Jena said...

Wonderful! I love it!

Gail Gauthier said...

Now, you've been thinking about doing this for a while, right? You've mentioned it a few times at Original Content? I think you're going to be very happy you did it. And, yes, it does look terrific.

Jules at 7-Imp said...

It's beautemous! Great job, LW!

tanita✿davis said...

Thanks, all! C.K., I have you on my links page!

Gail, yes, I'd been mulling over this, and after reading your comments (and Colleen's and MotherReader's) about authors HAVE TO do more than just have a blog, I bit the bullet. Thank you very much for the encouragement (although unknowing.)

David T. Macknet said...

I must just weight in: being called "Tech Boy" is all Allie's fault. There. Said it.

If you want to know more about all sorts of nonsense, feel free to visit my blog.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

It's fabulous! Looking forward to following you there too.

BookMoot said...

Just beautiful! I don't know how you authors have any time to write.

Ms. Yingling said...

These both look very nice. A nice change when the winter is so dreary!