February 11, 2009

The Austen Year(s) Continues


Ah, that Jane.

She is everywhere. She is apparently now a zombie, though I find that more than passing strange. She is a fairly awesome looking Marvel comic. She is a woman of many poems, though occasionally she has to skewer the odd gnome with her quill.

And now? Now the Austen girl is getting magic, too. Mary Robinette Kowal has sold her "Jane Austen with magic" book, Shades of Milk and Honey, to Liz Gorinsky at Tor in a two-book deal.

How much do I want to read this book?

How happy does this make me, that not only are a.) books deals are still being made, in the midst of house closures, but, this one is b.) JANE AUSTEN WITH MAGIC!?

*happy sigh*

Meanwhile, it is the birthday of another Lady Jane to whom we wish the best of every single thing. Many happy and memorable returns of the day!


Aquafortis is doing something. But I cannot yet tell you what. It has something to do with a specific date... and some... stuff. Shh!

5 comments:

Ethel Rohan said...

Ah, how I wish I could be Jane Austen with ANYTHING. You make me want to read Pride and Prejudice all over again, thanks. Oh, and Happy Birthday, Jane Yolen! So what's Aquafortis up to? You've got me curious. I'm hope it's something fabulous.

Sarah Stevenson said...

There's a specific date?? Uh-oh.

C. K. Kelly Martin said...

Zombie Jane Austen?? Hmmm.

And I'm very quietly wondering (as per the shh) about Aquafortis and the something with a specific date.

tanita✿davis said...

Um, yeah. Jane the Zombie. I didn't link to it, because I'm just... not... liking the idea. Necessarily. But here: see for yourself.

Meanwhile, AF: the date is when it IS. Right then...

C. K. Kelly Martin said...

Hah! Elizabeth is still feisty and Mr. Darcy still haughty, even in the face of flesh-eating undead.

I think I might have to thumb through this at the bookstore.

And I'm still very shh on the other matter and hoping all will be revealed in time...