September 25, 2008

Toon Thursday: Not Quite a Rebuttal...



We had an awfully fascinating, albeit heated discussion on the site a few days back, and I didn't really make much of a contribution to the fray. That's because part of me--the part that shies from confrontation--didn't want to touch this with a ten-foot pole. I've been swamped this week, and I just couldn't seem to organize my thoughts into a sufficiently coherent form to weigh in. I'm actually not even sure I have a strong opinion one way or the other.


However, another part of me--the snarky and irreverent part--took one look at the conversation and saw a scene just ripe for toon-ification. That part of me very sternly and convincingly said, "Hey! Now you don't have to come up with a real idea for Toon Thursday! How 'bout that!" So consider this my two cents.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. What about when you annoy a blogger? Or a Twitterer?

tanita✿davis said...

(Those wee birds will peck you to shreds, Sarah...Or, perhaps the Failure Whale will drown you?)

You know this is far too true. The girl who bullied my little sister? Her name is not Raina, but it's close... beware messing with my peeps.

Saints and Spinners said...

When you annoy a storyteller:

"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful but cruel queen of a country far, far to the north. She slew wolves and bears for sport. One day, a neighboring king said, 'Join with me, and I will make you mighty-- however, you must do one thing first. You must offer up one of your children as sacrifice.' The queen looked at all her children, and her eyes locked upon her daughter, who was unmarried and with child. 'You shall be the sacrifice,' the queen said, and laughed."

And so on and so forth....

Sarah Stevenson said...

Hee hee! Great one, Alkelda!!