September 26, 2008

Books, Blogs, and Baggage

Today is a momentous day in the world of kidlit. Our National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature, Jon Rhymes-With-Fresca, receives his medal as part of the National Book Festival, er, festivities.


And, I'm (sort of) busily packing away for tomorrow's 2nd Annual Kidlitosphere Conference in Portland--yay! I'll do my best to represent for FW and RR, and for the Cybils. I can't wait to meet some of my online blogging friends in person for the first time (and see a few of you again!), and I look forward to some great discussions about blogging, writing, and books. I promise a full report (or at least an informative overview) after I get back. It may not materialize until Monday, though...I also have art appreciation essays waiting for me to grade when I return. D'oh. Hopefully nobody will refer to the "fifteenth chaple" this time.

No comments: