June 16, 2007

Irony

I don't normally pick up the mail at midnight, but I have been on the phone for two hours with my sister, bored through her contractions (yeah, don't you all wish you were bored? Apparently Baby's not serious yet), chatting away while I paint the birdhouse I'm giving my Dad for Father's Day. (Soap on a rope and a birdhouse. It's a Classics year.) Anyway, I see an envelope from NY, and I think it's my manuscript back already from copy editing (which I am expecting on Monday), and then I see the name "Mo" scrawled on the envelope. "Ooh, Mo Willems!" I say, and rip open my signed, original Pigeon comic, and then read through the cute accompanying signed picture book.

And then let out a huge yawn.

The book? Of course: Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late.
Or else she turns into a pumpkin.

Thank-you, Mo and MotherReader for my 48 Hour Book Challenge prize! I shall take this to the Childcare Center at which I volunteer, and I shall read it to yon squiggly urchins.

I might let them touch it.
Maybe.

Good night!

1 comment:

Sarah Stevenson said...

Whee!! Yay! Congrats again!!

And apparently I'm not the only one up at midnight thinking about blogging...