March 14, 2007

That's the Sound of a (wo)Man, working on the Chain...Ga-ang...

Email from Secret Agent Man (S.A.M.) this morning reminding me of the days he will be in glorious Italia for the La Fiera (Bologna) del Libro per Ragazzi, also known, to the plebes, as The Bologna Children's Book Fair. Aside from gnashing my teeth that I can't go extravaganza of all things children's book-ish and finely Italian, this announcement has given me the final dates for getting my stuff together so he can have time for leisurely reading before jetting off to rounds of sand, sun, endless wine tasting and poolside chitchat with the hoi polloi.
Oh, did that sound catty? Sorry. Before he goes off to sip wine over business dinners whilst making serious agent-y decisions with the leaders of the children's book World Market. Better?
Sigh.
I am SO jealous.
Not that I really want to go to that particular Fair, but I just want to be on vacation. Somewhere...

But no. Long awaited notice from my editor this morning ~ my days of gallivanting and pretending I don't have a major revision facing me are soon to be gone, long gone. Siiiiiiiigh. But it's a happy sigh, kids. A happy sigh. One that envisions me chained to my chair, weeping. With joy, of course.

More signs from the universe that I should really buckle down: The Class of 2k8 is preparing for liftoff, and my editor told me that I should consider getting on board. Two of the original Class of 2k7, whose books were delayed, are heading up the fight, and encourage everyone to pass the word to other middle grade and YA authors being published next year. Because I feel like I already have a blog... pod, or group of friends, I'm not sure I need to blog one more place, but I'm happy to advertise for it and check it out, and I encourage others who are having a book published in 2008 (squeal!) to join the fun. It will be an important year in so many ways! Presidents and Olympics and books, oh my!

Far from being the B-List Blogger (with props to MotherReader) that I should strive to be, this week, I'm... er, a Q-list blogger. I am reading blogs, but not so much commenting, as I am supposed to be WORKING, and I'm sure my agent is wondering how I'm even finding the time to gab now, so I must needs avant...

1 comment:

Sarah Stevenson said...

Yay, yay!! I'm honored to know you, 2k8 girl! And I will continue to offer as much revision advice as you can stomach...