March 16, 2007

Catching Up...

Zipping past Mitali's Fire Escape, this week I came across several good things -- one was a discussion on how the latest Disnified African American fairytale chickie will speak. Referring to a political discussion in an older NY Times op-ed piece about the racial politics of speaking "articulately," Mitali makes some good points about ye olde Southern Louisiana belle. Just how will she sound? I mean, aside from the "soulfully crooning" crocodile, we inarticulate masses just really have no clue what the House of Mouse have planned... or do we? Does the word 'soulful' give any indication??

I, too, wanted to play the 123 Meme game, but it's not in a spot that would do the book any favors. Bummer, huh? Actually, once editors get a hold of it, it may be perfectly fine -- the first paragraph of pg. 123 may be completely blank...

More girls to watch from Readathon, who suggests 'Girls You Should Know,' and a new blog alert from Publishers' Weekly, introducing us to ShelfTalker.

Chicken Spaghetti is now Chicken Maple Ingalls Wilder. I would live in the deep snow in New England for five minutes, just to do this cool project! And this is a good time to tell you -- going into a seclusion of sorts this next week, half vacation, half writer's retreat. Taking my siblings with me means that maybe not a lot will get done... but hey - a different room in which to stare at my computer screen is always good.

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

Sarah Stevenson said...

I'd love to do the 123 Meme but...my draft is so rough it's not even page-numbered properly (or at all, in some chapters...). Sigh. I guess that's another check box for the revision checklist!

Anonymous said...

TadMack, you are Laura Ingalls Wonderland next, okay! We want a report.

Thanks for the PW Shelftalker link. I need to see these new PW blogs.