May 06, 2005

One More Reading List

Hear, hear on T's post from the brainbox--great news for those of us who can't seem to keep elements of our lives from sneaking into our fiction on a relatively constant basis.

Anyway, interested in what the brainy young adults will be reading this summer? Check out the latest unofficial list of UC Berkeley Summer Reading 2005. This is a list that the school sends, each summer, to incoming freshmen--not as a requirement, but simply for enjoyment and enrichment. This year's theme is Great Discoveries, Voyages, and Adventures, with books recommended by professors in departments from Near Eastern Studies to Geology. There is also a page of past reading lists. I couldn't remember if they sent me one when I was a freshman, and they don't have one posted for '93, sadly enough, so I guess I'll never find out what I was supposed to be enriching my pre-college summer with.

No comments: