July 31, 2015

Walden Award Winner Announced for 2015--Yay, A.S.!

I was thrilled (as many of you no doubt were as well) to see that A.S. King's latest Glory O'Brien's History of the Future was announced as this year's winner of the Amelia Elizabeth Walden Award. There were some pretty amazing finalists, too: Diamond Boy by Michael Williams, Gabi, A Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero, The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson, and Revolution (The Sixties Trilogy) by Deborah Wiles. I've actually read three of them, which is pretty amazing for me and award titles, though I only reviewed the winner, apparently:

"Trying to summarize it is only going to make it sound truly bizarre, but it IS bizarre in a most wonderful way..."  Glory O'Brien's History of the Future, reviewed here

However, I also highly recommend Gabi, A Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero and The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson, both of which I thought were pretty incredible. It's been a tough year for me and book reviews, and I wouldn't feel comfortable reviewing them in any detail so long after the fact, but I enjoyed both. Congrats to all!!

No comments: