April 10, 2007

Glued Keyboards

Non kid-lit related book news, but, you know, um, Aaargh!

April's Readergirlz book of the month is all about the spotlights, the action, and the dance. Don't miss the discussion, and check out an interview with author Lorie Ann Grover, who talks about not quitting things that are difficult to achieve.

In world's smoothest segue yet (heh), the final re-edit of my novel (how many times have I said that?!) goes apace... I fear I'm joining Colleen at Chasing Ray in feeling like words are coming out of me like... glue. And there's really no reason. I know what I'm supposed to be doing, and, as I told my editor, the words "rewrite this scene using action and dialogue" are pretty clear.

It begs the question of why I'm not just galloping forward.

Perhaps it's because I need to retire. To my cave (Via Fuse#8). It's ridiculous how much I want to...

Today's poem is just a snippet... for fun I memorized Robert Frost's The Road Not Taken as a freshman, and it has stuck with me, especially whenever I start to feel pinched by the requirements, disappointments and fears of this particular profession, I remember:
...
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Here's to patiently walking the roads we choose.

No comments: