November 01, 2005

Favorite Teen Reads

Teens voted for their favorite young adult book during Teen Read Week earlier this month. Read the full article here. The top ten were:

1. Girls In Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares

2. The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen

3. Looking For Alaska by John Green

4. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult

5. Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick

6. Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

7. The Gangsta Rap by Benjamin Zephaniah

8. Teen Idol by Meg Cabot

9. The Garden by Elise Aidinoff

10. How I Paid for College: A Novel of Sex, Theft, Friendship & Musical Theater by Marc Acito

4 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Aaaargh! I haven't yet read any of those! I feel like I'm falling behind!!!

Okay, actually, some of those don't sound like things I'd be interested in, except the John Green one, because some of our writing group folk have said that it's very 'real' about sex.

And I have to admit a teensy, teensy bias against YA novels written about teen girls but by adult men. It's not so much that they can't possibly know how teen girls are... it's just that sometimes they really miss. I'll have to read the Alaska book and see.

Sarah Stevenson said...

I think Jennifer read Looking for Alaska. I can't remember what she said about it, though.

tanita✿davis said...

As I recall, she said it was the only one that could maybe be called "edgy." Hm.

tanita✿davis said...

Okay: I now have the "How I Paid for College" one, and shall read it, forthwith...