October 26, 2005

Blooming Tree Press

Writing for the SmartWriter's W.I.N. Contest is just as hard as I thought it would be!!! If all else fails, and I totally bail on the competition, I hope to win entrance to an anthology by going directly to the source. Word has it that, since August, Blooming Tree Press has been seeking to increase their middle grade and YA lines. One of their editors, Judy Gregerson is interested in YA contemporary or historical fiction. Agent reports from various SCBWI conferences have reoprted that there's a dearth of solid historical fiction for kids, and I know other agents who profess a liking for it. Blooming Tree is the one printing the anthology for SmartWriters, and I hope everyone is writing like mad to meet the deadline! The Contest ends on Monday!

Write away!



4 comments:

Feisty said...

It's nice to see Blooming Tree Press mentioned on your blog. And good luck with the contest.

By the way, I really, really like quirky humor and zany characters more than I like historicals or contemporary fiction. We just acquired a very, very funny MG that is coming out in 2007. Look for Septina Nash around that time.

Thanks for the mention.

Judy Gregerson

tanita✿davis said...

Oh! We stand corrected, and grateful for the added information! Best wishes to you guys as you prepare for some really great stories coming your way from WritingYA and the Smartwriters.com group!

Sarah Stevenson said...

Yes, I second the thank you, Judy! This is great information to have.

Feisty said...

After saying that we wanted historical and contemporary fiction, we received a ton of historical fiction manuscripts, way more than we can publish. And some of them were very good. That said, I'd like to round out the list a little with humor, more quirky character kind of stories, and maybe a contemporary with lots of heart.